SIGN UP FOR MY FALL 2015 CLASS!!
It is an online class to help you improve as an illustrator: http://o-fishel.com/Indy-study
As of right now, I am offering up to 7 people an hour a week session to work with me over the internet to improve your skills as an illustrator.
Sign up for the FALL 2015 semester by Friday, September 4th!!!
Classes Start the week of Monday, September 7th. Email me to sign up.
Class subjects: (class syllabus upon request)
- Editorial illustration portfolio: 11 weeks / September 7th - November 22nd
- Overview: Visual story telling using figurative illustration narratively and conceptually, business practices of illustration (Promotion, invoices, ect), a brief introduction to the history of editorial illustration’s past and present.
- Objective: The beginning of an illustration portfolio geared toward editorial illustration.
- Visual Story Telling: 10 weeks / September 7th - November 15th
- Overview: We will spend the first few weeks talking about how to tell a story narratively and conceptually using personal stories. We will spend most of our time together afterwords creating a series of images for one story or a series of stories.
- Objective: A zine/series of zines/picture book to self publish
- Lettering and Picture Making (NEW!): 10 weeks / September 7th - November 15th
-Overview: Design and illustration have always worked well together like peanut butter and jelly. Through a series of projects, we will explore various picture making techniques, symbolism, hand lettering basics, letter form anatomy, and the structure of what makes a good blend of design and illustration.
-Objective: A portfolio of posters, book covers, album art and a zine.