Last fall I had an idea to teach a low number of students for one hour a day for 10 weeks over Skype. After having a good first run and added interest over twitter to teach another semester, I have decided to continue to teaching my online class for the Spring.
What am I teaching?
- Editorial illustration portfolio: 11 weeks / February 2nd - April 16th
- Overview: Visual story telling using figurative illustration narratively and conceptually, business practices of illustration (Promotion, invoices, ect), a brief introduction to the history of editorial illustration’s past and present.
- Objective: The beginning of an illustration portfolio geared toward editorial illustration.
- Visual Story Telling: 10 weeks / February 2nd - April 9th
- Overview: We will spend the first few weeks talking about how to tell a story narratively and conceptually using personal stories. We will spend most of our time together afterwords creating a series of images for one story or a series of stories.
- Objective: A zine/series of zines/picture book to self publish
I am currently taking on 8 students max. Already, 6 out of 8 spots have been filled!
Shoot me an email and sign up today!
Click here to read more about the classes…
Unsure about signing up? Read testimonials from a few of my former students.